PAGE advocates for gifted children, their parents, and the people who educate them.
Through advocacy PAGE:
- Serves as your spokesperson for state and national legislative actions.
- Monitors the regulations, legislative process and compliance procedures in PA.
- Provides current information to you about the state and federal actions.
- Provides contact with the world of gifted educators and advocates – we are an affiliate of the national organization which in turn is an affiliate of the world organization.
- Partners with and disseminates information through PSEA and PTA.
- Trains the leaders of, and supports the work of, Affiliate PAGE chapters across the state.
PAGE Membership Provides:
- Access to a members only website sections
- Recognition awards for special commitment of teachers, parents, students, and advocates
- State and Regional professional/parent conferences
- Handbook for Teachers and Parents through PSEA and PTA
- Links to professional development opportunities
- Website forums and documents to answer your personal questions
- Access to archived publications
- Calls for Action on urgent issues affecting gifted education
Access to Local Affiliate Chapters:
- When you sign up for a PAGE membership, you can select to participate with your local Affiliate PAGE Chapter of PAGE.
- If you choose an Affiliate Chapter during your membership sign-up, our Affiliate Director will send your name (first & last) and email address to the current president of your chosen Affiliate Chapter, so you can start receiving updates on meetings and events for your local Affiliate PAGE Chapter.
- Please note that some Affiliate Chapters may require additional membership registration dues to participate in the local Affiliate Chapter.
- Local Affiliate PAGE chapters are a great resource in your area to meet other parents, teachers, and community members interested in gifted education.
- They provide advocacy efforts on the local level specific to the school district(s) in the surrounding area(s).
- Many of the Affiliate Chapters offer local events for gifted education students and is a great way for your gifted child to meet other gifted kids in the state.
- Affiliate Chapters host well-known speakers on topics related to parenting and teaching gifted children from PAGE’s Speaker’s Bureau list.