Call for New Board Members
*Now accepting applications through Friday, May 31st.
- After May 31st, PAGE will review and contact anyone that has submitted an application. If chosen to move forward in the process, you will be invited for an interview. Board selection and term start will occur in June.
Serve on the PAGE Board to help guide the direction and focus of your state association while making an impact in the field of gifted education.
The PAGE Board of Directors, whose members are elected in staggered years by the full membership, typically meets three times each year for face-to-face meetings and monthly online meetings to consider the business of the organization and its strategic direction. At-large and representative positions serve 3-year terms, officer positions serve 2-year terms. Officers include President, Vice-President, Executive Secretary, Treasurer, and Affiliate Director.
General Information on Joining the Board:
We’re always looking for motivated and intellectually curious people to help fulfill our mission. Finding those people starts with YOU! The first step involves completing the application process and participating in an interview.
Applications are reviewed two times per year, May and November.
You will be asked to upload the following to the online nomination form:
- A resume/CV (that includes name, home address, phone, and e-mail address; current position; career highlights and history; education; description of PAGE participation and accomplishments in the field of gifted – e.g., conventions attended, presentations, committee/network/affiliate work; significant leadership and/or advocacy activities at the local, state, or national level; publications and/or presentations).
- One letter of support from someone who will attest to the candidate’s accomplishments on behalf of gifted children (e.g., PAGE leadership, local affiliate officer, local agency representative, or others who know the candidate’s work.)
- Statement of Candidacy (100 words maximum). The PAGE board reserves the right to edit any Statement of Candidacy to meet space requirements.
- A full-color high resolution photograph.
Please read the candidate qualifications and the responsibilities below before completing your online application. Successful candidates may serve up to a three year term.
The following are the preferred qualifications that will be evaluated by the PAGE board:
- Participation in and support of PAGE. Criteria for consideration include:
- Nominee must be a PAGE member in good standing
- PAGE conference attendance
- Presentation at PAGE conventions
- PAGE committee participation
- Evidence of competency in gifted education
- Demonstrated advocacy and leadership experience (e.g., starting a parent group, starting a local association for the gifted)
- Other board experience, examples of board-level governance service, policy writing experience is preferred
The PAGE board will also judge candidates for re-election to the board on:
- Accomplishments for the organization
- Evidence of meeting deadlines
- Responsiveness to communications regarding board issues (e.g. voting, program feedback)
- Participate in the development and annual monitoring of PAGE’s strategic plan
- Attend three (3) PAGE Board Face-to-Face meetings per year; one in January, early summer, and one during the annual convention each November.
- Attendance for monthly online board meetings (typically 1-2 hours in length).
- Serve on at least one Board Committee at the request of the President.
- Represent the best interests of the organization on all issues raised in Board meetings, based on careful analysis of agendas and supporting material.
- Know and uphold the regulations, policies, and procedures of the organization.
- Represent PAGE positions to individuals and groups with whom the Board member interacts (e.g. open doors to potential donors, make visits, or identify key alliance partners.)
- Adhere to conflict of interest policy of PAGE.
- Create at least two (2) presentations or articles each year.
- Recruit new members for the organization.