PAGE is seeking a Part-time Administrative Assistant
General Description: The Administrative Assistant is a part-time position, up to 20 hours per week. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the PAGE Office and performing support functions to assist the board as an organization. The Administrative Assistant interacts with Board Members, PAGE Membership, and others in a positive and professional manner. In addition, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for logistical details (materials, registration, sites, caterers, etc.) for all Board functions. The Administrative Assistant is not a board member and has no voting privileges.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects efficiently
- Ability to travel across the state for board meetings and other organizational related events
- Possess finely tuned organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to relate to school administrators, teachers, parents, and other community members within the gifted education community.
- Prior experience with event planning
- Experience with editing, updating, and maintaining a website, such as knowledge of WordPress
- Computer skills needed, specifically related to knowledge and use of databases, Google Drive, Office Suite products, and the ability to communicate effectively online.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships, working independently, one to one and in group situations.
- High level of confidentiality and sensitivity toward the needs and interests of parents and teachers of gifted and talented students in PA
- Previous experience with an educational agency or non-profit organization
- Experience within the educational field, specifically gifted education
- Demonstrated ability to self-monitor work hours and assigned tasks without direct daily oversight by the board
- Experience with conflict resolution and mediation
- Demonstrated ability to assess the needs of individuals that reach out to PAGE and make appropriate referrals to selected board members to resolve their concern(s)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance and Criminal Background checks
Term of Appointment: Permanent/Part Time (12 months)
Salary: Salary is commensurate with assessed experience. Reimbursement for mileage is provided for attendance at required in-person board meetings and other events, as requested by the board. Two weeks of annual vacation are provided, but must be pre-arranged and approved by the board.
For Full Consideration: A completed application including a letter of application addressing the skills required and preferred for this position, resume, contact information for up to three professional references, and a statement of preferred salary must be submitted online by November 8th, 2019 by using the “Apply” button at the top of this announcement. Position will remain open until filled.
For any questions relating to the search for the application process, please contact Dr. Kali Fedor, President of PAGE by clicking here.
Prior to the final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational, and other credential verification.
Finalists for this position must communicate well and successfully complete the interview process.
PAGE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or veteran status in its programs, events, and activities.