What is the Process?
No two students are alike, so when it comes to the identification of a student that may need gifted support services, it is highly important to collect information on the child’s performance and potential. This is typically done through a combination of objective and subjective assessments and identification instruments.
The identification process should follow these general steps:
- Recommendation for student testing
- Meet with all team members to review the process
- Collection of data through testing (subjective & objective)
- Review the collected data with team
- Determine if the student qualifies for gifted services.
- If no the process stops here.
- If yes, the team will develop a GIEP and program for the student’s identified needs.
- Periodic review of the GIEP