PAGE publishes a variety of information for its members. Some are original works, and some are reproductions or summarizations of other sources. PAGE is the single best source of information on gifted education for educators and parents in the state of Pennsylvania. Contact the PAGE UPDATE Editor
An informative booklet aimed at regular education teachers. It discusses how gifted learners are different from most students, and offers strategies for meeting their needs. ** Booklet made possible through the financial generosity of PSEA and by the collaborative efforts of PAGE members and PSEA staff.
PAGE Update is a quarterly newsletter. Here’s a representative sample of content:
* See “Member’s Only“ area for additional UPDATES and Bulletins
Bulletins are each devoted to a single topic and authored primarily by Pennsylvania educators who are experts in the subject area. New Bulletins are mailed to members as they become available.
- Academic Acceleration
- Alternatives to Public Schools for Gifted Students
- Brain Research and the Gifted and Talented Student
- Challenging the Gifted: Transforming Memory-Based Questions into Higher Level Questions
- Chapter 16: Special Education for the Gifted-What Schools and Parents Need to Know and Do
- Comprehensive Assessment
- Developing Thinking in the Gifted
- Dual Exceptionalities
- Evaluation of Gifted Programs
- Gifted Education and the Law (1997)
- Middle School Programs for Gifted Students
- Nurturing Multiple Intelligences
- Overcoming Underachievement
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Gifted Guidelines at a Glance
- A Proposal for Restructuring Secondary Gifted Education
- Tracking, Ability Grouping and the Gifted
Affiliate Handbook Exerpts
Exerpts reflect the knowledge and expertise of our affiliate leaders across the state:
- How to Start An Affiliate Chapter
- Goal Setting
- Key Issues to Discuss with Administrators
- What to do with an Affiliate Chapter
- Gifted Should Not Be Confused with Mental Disorder: Getting the message out to the mainstream is crucial for all gifted individuals (2013)
- National Security and Educational Excellence (2005) – This info is for members only, if you’d like to have access to all PAGE documents, please JOIN TODAY!
- A Quiet Crisis is Clouding the Future of R&D (Renzulli, May 2005) – This info is for members only, if you’d like to have access to all PAGE documents, please JOIN TODAY!
- Read Time Magazine’s intriguing “Saving the Smart Kids” Sept. 2004 article regarding the report and acceleration in our schools – This info is for members only, if you’d like to have access to all PAGE documents, please JOIN TODAY!
- Do High Flyers Maintain Their Altitude: Performance Trends of Top Students – Fordham Report
- PISA Report: The OECD Programme For International Student Assessment
- Preparing the Next Generation of STEM Innovators: Identifying and Developing Our Nation’s Human Capital
- High Achieving Students in an Era of NCLB – Fordham Report 2008 -This publication reports the results of the first two (of five) studies of a multifaceted research investigation of the state of high-achieving students in the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) era
- PDE Gifted White Paper 2010: Existing and Developing Resources to Meet the Academic Needs of Pennsylvania’s Advanced and Gifted Students
- A Nation Deceived Vol. II: How Schools Hold Back America’s Brightest Students (http://www.
accelerationinstitute.org/ nation_deceived/get_report. aspx)
PA School Funding Campaign
- Learn about the critical PA School Funding Campaign
- About the Campaign (Feb. 2010)
- Good Schools Pennsylvania – 10 key questions about the 2010-2011 state education budget.
- PTA Publications
- Gubernatorial Candidate Links
- PA School Funding
- Blueprint doesn’t fix No Child Left Behind
Please pay it forward . . .If you have found the information or resources on this website to be useful, please help PAGE volunteers continue to help others by becoming a member, registering for our annual conference, shopping at Amazon.com through our link, or making a donation.